Elms College located in Chicopee, MA is seeking a Director of Alumni Relations.. The Director is responsible for building a robust, engaged and active Alumni Association; collaborating with colleagues in the administrative offices (including, but not limited to Admissions, Development, Student Affairs) and Schools to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the College; partnering with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; serving as a liaison between the Alumni Association Board and the academic and administrative leadership.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Recommend and implement a strategic vision for alumni relations through collaborative leadership with and support of the Alumni Association Board. Work closely with the Board to strengthen its membership by ensuring productive relationships between its members, Elms alumni, and the academic and administrative leadership.
Provide guidance to the Executive Committee in arranging its meetings, staffing its committees, and creating annual Board Action Plans.
Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
Plan, implement and promote alumni programs, including reunion, that provide tangible benefits for alumni and support the College’s strategic plan as well as Annual Fund goals in collaboration with colleagues within the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Plan and execute annual Travel with the President trip as requested.
Assess Alumni Relations activities, programs, communications, and resulting attitudes and outcomes, and adjust plans based on assessment findings to ensure growth of alumni engagement and support of the college.
Collaborate with Student Services Staff to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services and career development programming for alumni and students; to increase engagement in family weekend, and to explore opportunities for alumni engagement in campus activities and programs.
Collaborate in alumni involvement and support of Senior Gift program, GOLD Program, and Blazer Blitz.
Collaborate with staff of the School for Professional and Graduate Studies in developing engagement opportunities for students in off-site and graduate students.
Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser’s Edge and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings.
Raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with Development colleagues.
Oversee and coordinate the development of marketing and communication materials, e.g. invitations, mailings, brochures, newsletter, articles, etc.
Serve on the Alumni Magazine committee.
Develop and ensure continuous and timely updates of the Alumni pages of the website; social media; coordinate “Class Notes”, and assist in developing alumni stories for the Alumni Magazine.
Develop and submit for approval by the VP annual strategic and operating plans.
Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
Prepare and administer the budget for Alumni Relations; within the annual program budget, manage existing and/or additional alumni programs, services and communications.
Supervise student employees and provide guidance to volunteers.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and/or President.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituent database.
- Experience with Social Media tools.
- Experience in planning and executing events and group travel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the College, alumni, other constituents, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Demonstrated writing, planning, organizational skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently; ability to work in a team environment as well as independently to achieve institutional goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 professional references via email (as Word or PDF attachments) to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Elms College is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our institution. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org