How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Annual Giving and Stewardship Support
- Process all gifts to the School of Dentistry on a daily basis or as needed
- Process weekly gift acknowledgements
- Prepare weekly Dean’s gift report
- Prepare weekly Dean’s gift acknowledgements
- Prepare pledge reminders, mail and share with MGO’s if they are managed prospects
- Create new gift accounts and endowment funds as required and make appropriate internal notifications
- Produce annual Draft Honor Roll of Donors
- Produce annual Honor Roll of Donors
Major Gifts Support
- Update and maintain Major Gift Officers (MGO’s) DART data entry as needed
- Produce donor/fund reports via Business Objects
- Conduct prospect research, compile and prepare donor profiles
PCard backup preparation and submission to procurement for MG team
- Manage of all aspects of game day (Mens’ Football) requests in the DART database
Alumni & Development Events Support
- First point of contact and response for SoD Development & Alumni Relations main phone line and email
- Assist events manager with School of Dentistry alumni, development and dean’s events as needed
- Assist events manager with School of Dentistry Alumni Board of
- Governors and other alumni and donor committees as needed
- Periodic event travel requiring operation of university vehicles
- Update biographical records in DART database
- Office liaison for landlord, First Martin
- Order office supplies
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and neat storage areas quarterly
- Annual/Monthly/Weekly/Daily office duties
- Prepare bi-weekly staff meeting agendas, keep meeting minutes and send out meeting notices to team
- Track office shortcode (account) for procurement
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Chi Chapter Dental Honor Fraternity
Act as corresponding secretary, manage meetings and other documentation, notices and records
- One to two years of related experience providing administrative support.
- Strong anticipatory skills and ability to be a self-guided and independent team member.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills. High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work well both independently and in collaborative settings.
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent attendance records. Guest/Donor/Customer service oriented. Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- data base management,
- meetings special event planning,
- customer service,
- public relations,
- marketing and/or hospitality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or both of the following: DART database and Business Objects. Working knowledge of G Suite (Gmail and Google Apps).
This position is located at 540 E. Liberty, Suite 204, Ann Arbor.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.