How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/31Fxj0c
For other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
Reports to: Associate Director, Integrated Data Services Development Services and Strategic Solutions, Office of University Development
Supervises directly: N/A
The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the Development Community to assist and support the comprehensive fund-raising programs of the University of Michigan. They will help in the creation of Marketing Efforts (Mass Communications) and Reports for the Development community. This includes gathering requirements, writing queries, creating and managing efforts within the DART application, and quality checking data.
This position works in an environment dedicated to advancing the mission of the Office of University Development (OUD) and the University. The position will work to build positive and meaningful relationships with co-workers and customers.
As a member of the Integrated Data Services Team, this person will work to ensure the health of the data in the Donor and Alumni Relationship Tool (DART) used by the UM development community.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
60% Operational – Team
- Review, modify, test, document and implement queries and/or data visualizations in Business Objects, DART Query tool and Tableau to extract data and support reporting requests.
- Create DART Marketing Efforts as per client specifications and timelines.
- Execute queries and programmatic logic to integrate DART specific export data with externally processed export data and support marketing efforts in general.
- Competent to work at some technical levels of reporting including analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing report logic as necessary. Converts information to/from a wide variety of formats.
30% Operational – Customer Support
- Provide ad hoc data updates and information retrieval, and answer customer questions from within a customer queue using a variety of technical query writing or system tools, reports or programs.
- Provide customer support training by instructing non-technical end-users in use of IDS resources.
5% Operational – Program Support
- Learn and contribute to ongoing development of new processes and policies including materials and/or documentation that helps educate the Development Community on the standards and procedures of the Integrated Data Services Team.
- Participate in DART upgrade testing, as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Desire to learn the mission, goals and objectives of both the University of Michigan, as well as those of the Office of University Development and work in ways that help us achieve these. Desire to enhance and improve the University of Michigan’s position as an international leader in Development.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple competing tasks and priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team oriented environment.
- Must be committed to maintaining a professional and positive workplace environment.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google products including Word, Excel, Access, GMail and Google docs and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, technical curiosity and creative problem solving skills; the ability to solve business problems with technical solutions that save customers time and effort.
- Reliable, dependable, professional and positive demeanor.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn best practices in development, fundraising, and community service as recommended by related umbrella organizations such as CASE.
- Effective time management, problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to forecast timelines and consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to excellent customer service. Ability to anticipate requests and needs in advance and plan accordingly.
- Familiarity with Enterprise/CRM tools is preferred.
- Experience with SQL programming is preferred.
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge, both personal and team wide.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.