How to Apply
A cover letter, resume, and a response to the writing prompt below are required for consideration for this position and should be consolidated into a single document before submitting. The cover letter should address your specific interest in this position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position and the required qualifications noted in the position.Writing Prompt: (1 page or less) What aspect of this job most energizes you? Why?
For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2K4Qonk
For other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
35% Annual Fund Duties
- Plan, execute, and evaluate a strategic annual giving program (with at least 3 solicitations annually) that uses mail, phone, and electronic media, with an emphasis on dollars raised, donor participation, and retention goals
- Work with Office of University Development (OUD) and CEW Budget Office to review and monitor the performance of, and expenses associated with, all CEW annual giving projects
- Write all solicitation letters, telefund scripts, and e-solicitations for annual donors
- Manage special solicitation initiatives (e.g. Giving Blue Day) and engage CEW+students in the process/participation
- Manage all data needed to carry out Annual giving
- Work with CEW+ staff to highlight donor impact in annual fund materials
- Participate in University-wide Annual Fund committees/discussion forums
35% Stewardship Duties
- With Director of Development, coordinate all aspects of development cultivation and stewardship events
- Support for Director of Development
- Work closely with University Development Gift and Records Administration to ensure that all gifts are properly processed and tracked and donor information is accurately documented; deposit donor checks
- Gather materials/date for annual stewardship reports
Run weekly gift reports and produce and mail timely gift acknowledgement letters
- Work with Director of Development to organize Leadership Council (CEW+ Advisory Board) Meetings; take notes and create minutes
- Run data reports and prepare materials for use by Development Team
- Ensure all donor communications are recorded in donor database (DART) in a timely manner
- Ensure donors at all levels are notified and encouraged to attend CEW+ events
- Suggest content for semi-annual CEW+ newsletter
- Draft letters to donors
30% Project Coordination
Projects determine based on needs of the Center and skills of selected candidate. Skills utilized will include:
- Project oversight and management
- Building networks; making connections
- Identifying and utilizing campus partnerships and resources
- Documenting processes and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Strong written communication
- Comfortable with deadlines
- Understanding complex thoughts and translating to talking points, action items
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrated collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability working with diverse constituents
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for women and nontraditional student issues
Who We Are:CEW+ (Center for the Education of Women+) is committed to identifying current and emerging needs of women and underserved students as well as women of color faculty and staff, thus enabling U-M to better serve and recruit diverse talent. To address those needs, CEW+ develops programs and services while simultaneously working towards institutional change in policies and practices.
Do you have a real passion for gender equity and social justice? We work every single day to increase the prevalence of diversity, equity and inclusion in the conversations around us. We collaborate across teams for programs, projects, marketing, events and donor engagement.
This position reports to the CEW+ Director of Development, utilizing writing and data to enhance development and project work.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.