How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/2YX1XRv
For other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
Reports to: Associate Director of Prospect Development
Supervises directly: N/A
Position summary: As the Prospect Management Analyst, you will serve as a consultant to the fundraising units across the three University of Michigan campuses, and will have primary responsibility for advising university fundraisers in the optimization of their portfolios and the achievement of their fundraising goals. This position also influences operational change management and provides instructional feedback to relevant teams and individuals, and you will also be responsible for advising the development community on prospect management and tracking procedures, policies and best practices.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
Prospect Management Community Outreach – 50%
- Serve as a consultant to major gift officers and chief development officers with a focus on the optimization of their portfolios through strategic portfolio review sessions.
- Lead the development community in the adoption and adherence of prospect management best practices and the optimization of systems and applications with the end goal of enhancing donor engagement with the university.
- Develop, enhance and provide training curriculum materials to gift officers based on various needs and experience levels.
- Serve as a key advisor guiding members of the development community to the adoption of best practices for applying prospect coordination policies.
Data Integrity & Management – 40%
- Manage portfolio information alignment based on changes to various data attributes such as manager assignments, capacity ratings and affiliation tracking.
- Lead the Prospect Management team in streamlining contextual audits; endorsing prospect manager requests and identifying new opportunities for process improvement.
- Create data management efficiencies through (on-going and ad-hoc) batch processing of large volumes of data.
Administrative and Other Duties as Assigned – 10%
- Assist the Director of Prospect Development and Analytics with strategic preparations as necessary.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times. Uphold departmental policies regarding confidential information. Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of both the University and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate situational awareness through the confidence and ability to relate complex content to a variety of audiences.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written presentation skills; exceptional customer services skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Strong computing and technical skills, including familiarity with a networked environment, familiarity with Internet and word processing, spreadsheet, database and other applications.
- Attention to detail is critical. Ability to keyboard with speed and accuracy is necessary.
- Two to three years office experience and previous customer service experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn best practices in development, fundraising and community service as recommended by related umbrella organizations such as APRA and CASE.
Familiarity with University policies and procedures.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.