Assistant / Associate Director, Digital Fundraising
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
Join our team in celebrating and inspiring life-changing support at the University of Michigan. Together, our work in the Office of Development will reach the donors and volunteers who help make Michigan a world-class university with global reach and limitless potential.
As assistant/associate director of digital fundraising, you will join a talented annual giving team and work alongside a budding group of digital marketing experts. You will have the opportunity to join in planning the long-term strategy for scalable peer-to-peer fundraising at U-M.
In this role, you will also manage the execution of U-M’s annual day of giving, Giving Blueday, which most recently raised more than $4M and 15,000 gifts in 24 hours. And as a member of the U-M community, you will build lasting relationships with annual giving, marketing and communications professionals across our campuses. Together, you will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to drive donor and prospect engagement via social media, social communities, and crowdfunding programs.
Each day, our work begins with the conviction that great universities solve great problems. Join us, and take part in advancing the efforts of a top-tier public university as it enters its third century of serving the public good.
*Underfill Statement: This position may be filled at the Assistant Director working title (Annual Giving Programs Intermediate Manager job title) or the Associate Director working title (Annual Giving Programs Senior Manager job title) depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate.
Why Work at Michigan?
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Two to five years of experience in development, communications, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth familiarity with different social media channels and the ability to build effective tactics and create appropriate content/voice for each digital, social and mobile platform
- Strong visual aesthetic and ability to create online creative assets
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects
- A demonstrated record of positive team collaboration with an emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience working in higher education development
- Experience with online giving days and/or crowd funding
A full job description and all requirements will be provided to candidates selected to interview.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: https://leadersandbest.umich.edu/careers/home
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience directly related to this position.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.