Assistant Director of Career and Professional Affinity Programs
The assistant director, career & professional affinity programs at the University of Rochester Office of Advancement will have responsibility for developing and implementing career networking opportunities in the regions and virtually,in coordination with the associate director. He/she will implement training and stewardship of volunteers. The assistant director will be responsible for the management of daily activities of The Meliora Collective including monitor network group conversations, provide customer service for existing and new users, and work with the associate director in strategy for new users and groups, including communications and platform content. In addition, he/she will assist the associate director in implementation of mentorship program 2-3 times per year, reaching over 700 alumni and students for each launch, university-wide.Additional responsibilities will include reporting of TMC activities, analytics for opportunities to grow the program, triage questions from internal partners, and will work closely with staff in the Career Center to execute successful strategies.
50% The Meliora Collective
- With guidance from associate director, provide regular support and curate content for existing networking groups on the platform. Identify opportunities for additional affinity network groups.
- Serve as main customer service point of contact for Advancement.
- Manage daily mentorship program activities including pairing mentors/mentees, monitoring progress of program in each cycle, work with mentors/mentees to encourage participation in each step of the process.
- Identify opportunities for new members and engagement in various activities on the platform.
- Maintaining active interest of current users.
- Routine reporting and analytics for the platform.
40% Professional Affinity Programming
- Implement career programming identified by associate director.
- Work with associate director to identify new opportunities in the areas of career exploration, professional development and mentorship.
- Manage professional affinity groups in targeted regions as priorities are identified by leadership.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Alumni Relations, Advancement and Career Center to implement strategic priorities for Advancement Goals.
- Work with associate director to develop and implement programs for Meliora Weekend focused on alumni and student connects, professional development, TMC training/showcase and 1:1 mentorship opportunities.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices, standards and technologies and leverage for strategic planning
- Field miscellaneous inquiries from alumni.
- Implement policies relating to career alumni relations procedures. Work closely with other Advancement staff to engage existing and potential prospects in alumni relations activities and also cultivate and identify new prospects.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5years of alumni relations, development, or comparable experience
- Demonstrated management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, including direct interpersonal skills.
- Proven strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate, and lead volunteers
- Experience directing advancement activities and working with donors and alumni leaders.
- Ability to accurately apply judgment skills in all situations, especially related to management, alumni issues and budgets.
- Ability to analyze, condense and synthesize information and ability to provide accurate analysis and summaries.
- Ability to diplomatically overcome objections and effectively persuade key constituents.
- Experience with computer technologies and sophisticated software applications.
- A general knowledge of institutional fundraising is also preferred.
- A personal belief in mission, goals and objectives of private higher education and a desire to change the world
- Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish objectives
- Occasional travel; some evening and weekend work