Gift and Records Coordinator
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
You will work with a variety of schools, colleges and units across the development community as well as donors, alumni and friends of the University. You will update a variety of information for alumni, donors, and friends of the University and process gifts under $10,000 and pledges under $5,000. You will create records and update biographical and degree information. You will provide excellent customer service by responding to gift helpline, emails and the online ticketing system.
Note: Mandatory overtime of 10-20 hours per week during period at calendar year-end November through January, including the holiday period, and fiscal year-end in June.
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
Operational - Gift 40%
- Work with schools, colleges and units across the development community and donors, alumni and friends to record and receipt gifts and pledges.
- Process gifts by check and credit card that are under $10,000 ensuring they reflect the donors’ intent while conforming to specific legal requirements.
- Process and record pledges under $5,000. This includes adding and modifying pledges.
- Verify and submit matching gift claims to participating companies and process matching gifts upon receipt.
- Image gift documentation to maintain accurate archiving and provide documentation as requested by schools, colleges and units.
Operational – Biographical 40%
- Work with schools, colleges and units across the development community and donors, alumni and friends to create and maintain biographical records.
- Create and update biographical records for alumni, donors, and friends of the University.
- Use online ticketing system to update records.
- Review and check data standards for biographical information.
Administrative – 20%
- Work with schools, colleges and units across the development community and donors, alumni and friends to provide support and customer service.
- Answer phone calls on the gift helpline and collaborate with the staff and departments to determine the proper course of action. Accept gifts from donors over the phone.
- Prepare a variety of letters for donors and alumni of the University.
- Help train colleagues
- Participate in training and informational sessions for schools, colleges, and units on gift and records best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You enjoy setting priorities, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- You work well with co-workers in a team-oriented environment.
- You maintain a professional and positive workplace demeanor.
- You have 1 year experience in data entry with minimal error rate.
- You have some experience using business software.
- You have experience providing excellent customer service.
- You are able to maintain reliable attendance.
- You can meet overtime requirements.
- You have a desire to learn the mission, goals and objectives of both the University of Michigan, and those of the Office of University Development and work in ways that help us achieve these.
- You have volunteered in a non-profit setting.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: https://leadersandbest.umich.edu/careers/home
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.